Sip by Sip: Coffee epiphanies

Coffee and I have had a love-hate affair for about a couple of years now. 

Back in school, coffee was my late-night exam buddy, brewed lovingly by Mom.

In college, it became my secret weapon for surviving morning lectures and my go-to cure for post-exam headaches. I vividly remember rushing to the cafeteria as soon as an exam was over for a ₹10 Nescafe coffee cutting. It was also a beloved ritual that bonded me with my best friend as we snuck out to cafes, spilling secrets over endless cups of coffee. 

From PMS companions to vacation buddies, coffee was my constant in every situation. But about two years ago, coffee and I had a falling out.

My body suddenly rebelled, and what once brought comfort now caused chaos. I had to break up with coffee and found solace in tea.  Slowly, tea became my new love, my comfort drink, and I moved on completely.

It's like life.

People and things you once couldn't live without might start causing chaos. Moving on to something new can bring peace and comfort. But even if life compels you to stay in touch, just keep reminding yourself of the harm it can cause to get too addicted again.

However, in a recent conversation with a friend, I realized I did miss the aroma of coffee or the simple joy of bonding over a good cup of coffee with a friend once in a while. But was I really missing the drink or something else?

There are things in life you don't want and things you can't have. When the "don't want" turns into "can't have", you start to imagine all the scenarios if you could have it.

My friend very casually said, "Unless you have an allergy, your body can take anything but in moderation."

And it struck me: sometimes the people and situations might not be harming you as much as the fear in our heads is. Maybe, just maybe, it's time to rethink that fear and see if a cautious, moderated approach can bring back what we once loved.


Life’s about finding what works for you, even if it means letting go of what once did or, if not letting go completely, then maybe taking it cautiously. 

Comments

  1. Nice πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer have whatever you get in the journey. Sometimes Tea, sometimes Coffee, sometimes Hot Chocolate. Anything. That way Life is more peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey Through Normalcy and Difference!

From Mind Full to Mindful!

The Great Pacific Garbage Patch