Simple Joys, Complex Realities!


Leaving winter is my favourite time of the year.
 

February and March are my favourite months of the year! Despite my birthday falling in July! Yes, that's how much I love the transition from winter to spring.


Today's Delhi weather would have called for piping hot momos, a bowl of Maggi, or at least a cup of hot chocolate on my favourite swing on my balcony.


However, a bad medical test report can really mess up your mood. To top that, two of my favourite people (read mood cheering and calming agents of my life right now) fell sick (bloody viral). So unwantedly I am stuck in my room craving a comforting hug or just a long conversation with a friend. 


At this point, many things in life are not going according to my plan – work, personal relationships and health; everything seems to be off track.


But, as someone told me yesterday, “It is a fight against your mind, Aashima!" Indeed, it is. 


When I started writing this piece, I just genuinely wanted to pen my feelings down. But then, I also didn't want certain people to read it. Does that make sense? The thought of them knowing how I was feeling, felt wrong.


The underlying reason, of course, was not wanting to reveal vulnerability. There are some people you don’t want to appear weak to, and then there are some people in front of whom you have cried every day, and they would think that you are unable to get out of this zone you have been in for the last 6 months (like a loser). 


But honestly, there are days and months in your life where you feel helpless to the extent of feeling useless. All you can do is try to process it and make sense of it and writing helps me do that, and sharing it is just a way of seeking validation and also a part of gaining confidence back! 


Here is to just being okay with feeling vulnerable! 


So next time if you can enjoy the weather instead of cribbing about it and crave a bowl of ramen, trust me, it’s a blessing! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey Through Normalcy and Difference!

From Mind Full to Mindful!

The Great Pacific Garbage Patch